We are very grateful for our PTA. They are an active group of parents who look to support the school community as well as raise money to help buy resources for the school and provide our children with great opprtunities. Everyone who has a child at the school or works at the school is automatically a member of the Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) and other members of the Stopsley community are more than welcome to join. This independent group is led by parents, for parents. It allows parents and carers much greater involvement in the school.
The key aims of our PTA:
- Increase the involvement of parents and carers in the school
- Make sure that information is shared and that everyone who wants to contribute can do so
- Work together with school staff to make our school even better
- Represent parents, carers, children and families at Stopsley Community Primary School
- Raise money to help fund whole-school resources and experiences
- Seek to be a positive influence
The PTA keep in touch with parents in many ways. Members are always visible at the school and they communicate through posters, the school emailing and texting service and through PTA letters or our whole-school weekly newsletters. PTA letters can be downloaded or viewed below. Please keep an eye on the noticeboards near the front gate and you can also keep up to date and communicate via our school Twitter and Facebook pages.
Some of the events that our PTA lead on:
- School discos
- Summer fete for the whole community
- Mothers Day stalls
- Christmas gifts and Father Christmas visit
- Tea and coffee sessions
- Tea and Tissues for new starters
- Film nights
- Non-uniform days
to name but a few!
If you are interested in helping out or want to find out more, please contact the school office or send an email via the school office for the attention of our Chair of the PTA: Mrs Kirsty Yates.