The objective of the Stopsley Community Primary School Parent Forum is to facilitate positive and effective two way communication between parents and the school, providing a channel for communication, feedback and suggestions for improvement.
It's purpose is specifically to:
· Promote the partnership between school staff, its pupils and its parents.
· Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
· Identify and represent the views of the parents on matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The Parent Forum is not a decision-making body. It is a body which can feed in views and represent the parents.
The meeting will not discuss individual’s issues and the Chair will ensure that the rules are adhered to.
Who can be part of the Forum?
* All parents and carers of children attending Stopsley Community Primary School are welcome to be part of the Forum.
Why should Parents and Carers take part?
As a parent or carer, being part of the Forum can help in a number of ways:
· It gives you an opportunity to get together on a regular basis with other parents to have your say on what the school is doing well and to share ideas of how you feel things could be improved.
· It can break down barriers between the school and parents and improve working relationships.
· Good links between you and the school can improve your child`s enjoyment and chances of doing well.
How can Parents and Carers participate?
Parents can participate in a number of ways:
· All are welcome to attend and participate at any Parent Forum
· By taking a role to help promote the Forum and make it work
· By participating in activities or by making the Forum aware of your thoughts relating to Stopsley Community Primary School
· Parents are welcome to email issues to their year group representatives that they would like to be discussed
· By suggesting items to be discussed verbally to a member of the Forum
Year Group Representatives
Mrs Nikki Mitchell-Charman
Mrs Samantha Thurston
Mrs Allison Butler
Mr Andrew Murrel
Mrs Nikki Mitchell-Charman
Mrs Wanjiku Calver
Miss Cheryl Gittins
Ms Sarah Nabwami
Key Responsibilities of Parent Forum Attendees:
· To attend Parent Forum meetings representing their own views
· To adhere to the scope of the Parent Forum and to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, respecting the individual rights of members.
Meetings are held termly.
It is the responsibility of the Chairperson to ensure that:
· Meetings are scheduled and times and venues communicated.
· Minutes are posted to the school website for all parents to view with copies available from the school office upon request.
· Meetings run to time (approximately 1 hour) and active participation is sought from all teachers and/or Governors to be invited as necessary.
· Feedback about the outcomes of the meetings will be given to staff and/or Governors, as appropriate, by nominated representatives.
Parent Forum Meeting Minutes
Please see below a full copy of minutes taken at our previous Parent Forum meetings: