Reception Distance Learning
Below you will find this week's distance learning for Reception children during June and July. The timetable and resources can be viewed or downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.
To access the English, maths and foundation lesson, please click on the Oak Academy logo below. Oak Academy is a collection of high-quality lessons and online resources. Backed by the Government, it has been created in response to the Coronavirus lock down. This online classroom offers free access to teachers delivering video lessons, quizzes and activities. Each lesson will take around 45 minutes and work can be recorded on a piece of paper or added to Tapestry. Lessons are ordered so your child can learn along a clear plan. Oak Academy work will fit alongside other resources such as BBC Bitesize. Together, these can offer a structure to the day for children until our school fully reopens.
We love to connect!...
Even though children are not coming into school, they can still keep in touch with us and share all of their great learning with their teachers. Please upload any short videos, photographs, pictures of 'work' or a quick snapshot anecdote on to 'Tapestry'. Teachers will be checking in regularly to see what the children have been up to and of course, responding to this.
Parents can also contact teachers with any learning queries by emailing the following email address. Alternatively, parents can comment on their child's 'Tapestry' page.
Any other queries should be sent to the school office email address.
Please note - The year group email address will only be managed during the school day (9:00am to 3:30pm) during term time. Due to most teachers now working back in school, it may not be your child's class teacher who responds. Email replies may also take slightly longer due to the school reopening for some age groups.
Here's what you do!...
- Work from the timetable below to complete your learning from home for this week. It has been designed so you get learning experiences as close to being at school as possible. The children who are in school are doing exactly the same work.
- Make sure that you take regular breaks that are planned on the timetable. Your brain needs time to store all of your new learning! They also help you focus during the learning activities.
- Morning PE slots can be the 'Joe Wicks daily fitness sessions' which are live on YouTube at 9:00am, or they can be something else of your choice – be sure to get out of breath though!
- Reception's phoneme of the week can be found on a video by scrolling down the page. make sure you have a go!
- One of the final tasks of the day is quiet reading. This is time to share a book. There is a video of a Reception teacher reading you a story below or you could read your own story with your parents - they will love reading with you to give them a break from their own work!
- Remember to have fun when you are learning and to ask lots of questions. You can send us some of your work if you would like to using the email address above or just add it on to your 'Tapestry'.
The timetable below runs across each week. If the year group team change the timetable, this will appear as a link at the bottom of this page...
Below is a message to all of the Reception children from Mrs Johnstone and from Mrs Gallagher...
Phoneme of the week (w/c 8th June)...